Busy Bee Indeed!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

So time has flown and I'm in a frazzle, but hey, that's life, isn't it? Seems most appropriate that I named my blog Busy Bonzlee. Indeed that has been me these past couple weeks.

Business boomed!! I mean seriously over the edge exploded. My husband and I are in awe, shock and serious stress trying to get it all under our wings so we can move forward into fame and fortune... this is how these things turn out, isn't it? We alternate between giggly happiness and throwing frustration. Corralling designers, keeping up quality and meeting deadlines that we set when we weren't so busy, it's all in a day's work.

But I'm pooped!! And some moments I wonder is it worth all the work? In six months times we've more than quadrupled our business. If we continue at this rate by the end of the year we will make 6 times as much as we made last year! Isn't that insane?! Who would have thunk?

But then I hear my kids crying because I haven't had much one-on-one time with them. I wonder if they're okay if we spend a year building a foundation which in the long run will bring us a very secure and comfortable life. I work at home so at least they see me. But I do miss them, and sometimes steal moments at night just lying with them in bed watching them sleep.

How much time away is okay if I am building our future? When I started this mountain climb I was hopeful but doubtful. As a few months past I started to see that my dreams of a lavish life were very doable, but in how much time? Now that 7 months have past, and we've seen a sharp upward turn of our earning curve, I suddenly see that all our dreams are possible. We can have more than we need, and live comfortable without working hard. But there is still more mountain to climb before we reach that plateau.

If it takes another 6 months or a year, do you think my kids will lose out because of it. It's not like I spend no time with them, but not as much as I did before. Jeremy is the one I worry the most because he goes to daycare all day rather than staying with us. Will they be okay if it's a while longer before mommy can plan with them for a couple hours every day?

This is where my heart hurts. I love our success, but I don't want our children to lose out in the meantime.

0 comments:

 
Busy Bonzlee | Copyright 2008 Bonnie Landau