How Good Can You Stand It?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How do you not go into overwhelm when the world is passing you new things at lightening speed and you feel like you're Dorothy trying to grab something that ISN'T move as the house twirls and whirls in a tornado? I'm perplexed how to do this successfully without feeling stressed out or overly fatigue or wishing I could run and live in a cave in the mountains with me and just the cats (my hubby asked if he could come but I said he'd have to stay in the cave next door).

There are many things happening in my life, as you can read below. One of the most amazing things for me is that my business, Landau Design, is growing by leaps and bounds. Trust me, it's not without a lot of effort and perseverance. I've actually been working with a business coach since January. His name is Ralph, and he's helped me so much. I see everything so differently, and this change in perspective has assisted me in growing my business by more than double since the start of the year.

BUT, I still cannot seem to master the art of calmness in the midst of the storm. This week has been a stupendous week, with work rolling in at a fast clip. And we're only two days into it. We have projects in progress, just starting and finishing up, and all of it is a wonderful thing! Yet, I sit in the middle, sometimes grabbing my curly hair, and wonder how we will accomplish it all.

Today I learned from my coach that I should shift my expectations. I will NOT accomplish it all, and I must accept this. That is the nature of having a fast-paced business. Of course I can't be dropping balls, so I must find others to assist me in getting things done. OTHERS?! Yikes, this means I have to rely on somebody else to do it RIGHT?! Yikes again! Holy toledo, apparently one of the biggest issues for entrepreneurs is relinquishing control. Yep, I certainly fit that bill. So having others help me would assist in accomplishing the goals, but that means being okay with how they do things. I am moving that way... where's the valium?

Do you suppose for somebody who has had a lot of challenges in life, it is difficult to accept when things are going so well? Even though on the surface I seem to be accepting it all, happy about it all and truly embracing what is coming forward, but perhaps somewhere deep in that murky subconscious I rebel against this success? And that rebelling comes out in the form of worry and stress.

I remember when I was getting my degree in Spiritual Psychology from USM (University of Santa Monica), Ron Hulnick, one of the lead teachers, used to say, "How good can you stand it?" In other words, life is abundant, and that abundance can flow towards you in multitudes way beyond your wildest imagination. The only question is, can you be open to it and receive it and be in it? How good can you stand it?

I love to be busy, and I love to accomplish a lot, but I am reaching an age where peaceful times sound quite appealing. Lazily playing with the kids, or even reading a book for a couple hours, sound like cherished lost moments that are passing me by. I want it ALL, and I want to be the person who stands towards heaven with their arms flung wide and says, "Hit me with your best shot! I can stand it as good as it gets!!!"

0 comments:

 
Busy Bonzlee | Copyright 2008 Bonnie Landau