Sometimes I Get Why I'm Here

Saturday, July 12, 2008


There are days that I struggle so valiantly, and I wonder why life is meant to happen at all. I wonder if it really makes a difference to put our souls through this exercise of frustration, then revelation, then a sense of truly not knowing a thing at all. Then there are days like today, and I know we have purpose in this thing called life.

I taught my first painting class today. I've assisted before in teaching classes with Rassouli, but as an assistant I always had to do things his way. But today I got to teach a class MY way. I got to come up with the concept, create the curriculum, and teach in the manner that felt most in line with myself. And I had a FABULOUS time doing it.

I taught a beautiful group of ladies the first step towards creative independence. I threw in some painting techniques as well. But mostly I lead them down a path that allowed them to experience their own creative intuition, and the smiles and tears it brought forward truly lit up my heart. I could see in their eyes and faces that each had discovered something they didn't realize was there. Like a child discovering the outdoors for the first time.

What a blessing to have a gift such as this! To have learned from a master teacher how to connect to my own creative intuition, but more than that, to have the ability to package it together in such a way that others can continue the learning process. That I can convey the information and they GET it. That they discover a peaceful stream within themselves that can heal the pain and release the anxious energy and come to a place of beautiful expression. That is does not matter if they would hang the painting on the wall or throw it in the garbage, simply that they are WILLING and ABLE to step into the universal creative energy and allow it to guide them and heal them in a moment of time.

I drove home from the class with a huge smile on my fast. What a gift to ME that I am able to teach. What a gift to ME that I want to teach. And what a HUGE gift to me that these people WANT me to teach. Two people in the class weren't sure if they would come to more, but as one woman said "I don't see how I couldn't come back."

Spirit is so blessed to have given me this wonderful opportunity to share the blessings of spirit with others. After all, that is what creativity is all about -- connecting to the source energy and allowing ourselves to revel in its healing love. I know part of my purpose in this lifetime is to uncork this energy in others, and I cannot even express how joyful it is to watch it happen. I am enthralled with my life at the moment. I have a purpose that brings ME healing. How much better can it get than that?

0 comments:

 
Busy Bonzlee | Copyright 2008 Bonnie Landau